My BLINDFOLD EXHIBITION CHESS GAME WIN versus COACH JOE LAFORNARA - by CHESS COACH SEAN TOBIN

Monday, November 29, 2010

My most recent chess tournament : THE 46th ANNUAL AMERICAN OPEN!


Coach Sean vs an extremely talented youngster - rated 1954!

(Vignesh is also one mean arm wrestler!)


WHO'S WHO OF ARIZONA CHESS!

Denny - an ASCF chess coach w/ white pieces and in the foreground is Tony, a former student of Coach Sean's! Now probably higher rated than coach Sean! It was a pleasure to help Tony find his "A" game! Now he is his own best coach!


WORLD FAMOUS ARTIST - JOVAN PROKOPLJEVIC!


IM JEREMY SILMAN - BOOK SIGNING!



IM JEREMY SILMAN - WILDLY POPULAR LECTURE!

I had the chance to play 18 rounds of chess during three days of non stop top level chess... 8 rounds in the U2200 section of the AMERICAN OPEN... the section just under the "OPEN"! Then on this past Saturday, November the 27th, I played in the Quick Chess Championship which was 10 rounds of nonstop chess - two games against each opponent. I scored 5 points or 50% - and that was having to play 3 masters! Not bad at all!

I have plenty of games and stories to share with all of our players - more lessons from my own praxis!

- Chess Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment