My BLINDFOLD EXHIBITION CHESS GAME WIN versus COACH JOE LAFORNARA - by CHESS COACH SEAN TOBIN

Friday, October 1, 2010

A CLASSIC GAME OF COACH SEAN'S!

This game is a nice little gem from a long time ago. I remember how happy I was when I pulled off the checkmate in the final position. One lesson to be learned from playing over this game - Rooks on the seventh are VERY powerful.



My attack in this game worked because I had all four of my pieces attacking his King and he was too weak on the second Rank. Had his Knight not remained on h4 - if let us say he had played 43. Nf5 instead of the move made during the actual game - then 43. ...Rag2 would also achieve checkmate!

Enjoy playing through this game. I will cover some nice straight forward lessons to be learned from this game when we get back to our meetings!

Make every day count - Carpe Diem!
- Chess Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment